Question
Posted by: keli | 2008/08/04

bipolar behavioru

I have bipolar. Am on Camcolit. Been quite fne but this weekend extremely manic. I have barely had any sleep and now all of a sudden I am tearful. I was okay this morning but out of the blue I want to cry. Is this normal even though i am on lithium. I thought lithium should stop that.

Hi keli,
This can happen, indeed, and you need to contact your own treating / prescriing doctor for advice on this. Lithium like other mood-stabilizing meds, helps to reduce the frequecy and severity of mood swings, but can't make it impossible for them to occur.

1
Posted by: Just me | 2008/08/05

Lithium is a mood stabliser, it helps but sometimes not enough. Contact you shrink to have him check it out. Sometimes they put you on a -|- tail of antidepresant and lithium. I find Venlor beneficial.

It takes a bit of experimenting, but they normally find the right combination in time.

Best of luck.

Just me

Reply to Just me