Question
Posted by: left alone | 2009/10/23

Bipolar and relationships

I was married for 10 years and my husband dumped me for a non-bipolar woman.
I then fell in love with a very dear friend of mine and he dumped me today. Told me he doesn' t trust a thing I say and all he thinks I do is manipulate him. He just told me to ' fc*k off' . A few moments ago, by sms.

Were bipolar people ever meant to have relationships? Should I keep trying to find someone to love me, or do I just realise that I should be alone?

I loved my friend dearly, with my whole heart. And now it' s crushed. Can I give up now? I feel I can hardly breathe.

So sorry to hear about this. Whatever happened ( and it might actually have little to do with you and more to do with the internal neuroses of your friend ) his manner of breaking up with you is full of what sounds like excessive fury and done crudely and cruelly. And breaking up by SMS is the act of a coward, anyway.
lets see what other readers can suggest, helpfully.
Yes indeed, Bipolar people WERE intended to have relationshiops, and indeed many have long and joyful relationships. Don't give up or stop trying, and don't blame yourself for this break-up. Grief is uncomfortable, but you will get over this, if you allow yourself to do so. Maybe think o seeing a counsellor to help you get through this and learn useful lessons from it rather than inappropriate and unhelpful negative conclusions which are probably inacurate

1