Question
Posted by: Suzie | 2011/03/07

Bipolar and I think I''m dying

I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 3 years ago and I am on my medication, taking it every day as ordered by the doc. Although I might sometimes be a hypochondriac its never been so bad that I actually believe theres something wrong with me - I''ve always known that I tend to be a little paranoid. But for the past 2 months I''ve been feeling like I''m dying. I feel like I''m saying good bye and I can''t picture myself in the future. It feels like I''ve got a disease thats killing me?! It sounds so absurd but I don''t want to feel this way anymore. I don''t have energy for anything and I just want to sit at home and eat. I have gone through a stage of bulimia a few years ago but its never returned and my relationship with food has improved so much - although for the last 2 months I just don''t care anymore. I''ve always been pretty much obsessed with my weight, etc. but now its like I''ve crossed that line whereby I just don''t care. I''m definitely not happy with my body at this stage but I can''t get myself to do something about it. I wish I could just be myself again, I used to love sports and excersize now I''m stuck in this body thats always got some sort of pain and no energy....

Am I just depressed or what going on with me?

Hypochondria is a hobby anyone can take up, though even more expensive than golf. But seriously, it is requent, especially in the gloomy / doomy sense you describe, in depressed phases of bipolar disorder.
You don't mention any form of treatment, though this is often needed in bipolar disorder - have you seen a good local shrink for a proper assessment and a consideration of treatment options, recently ? If not, why not ?

4
Posted by: been there | 2011/03/08

about 9 years go i too felt like this. i in fact even told anyone who listened that i was dying because that is what it felt like. over the years much has changed in my life, it has been a very long journey, and still there are some days where i just do not like myself. but i have learnt that my body responds best when i am jkind to it, when i say loving things about it and treat it with respect as y vehicle here. i am trying to lead as holistic life as possible, but not every day is easy. yet every now and then and it is so often now, i stop and gve thanks for the birds i can hear sing, the cars i hear taking people to work, the sea crashing, for the little things that add up to the big things. hang in there. sometimes all this pain and sense of dying is a part of us trying to come out, it can be the start of a spiritual process. alongside with working with your doc, you should explore spiritual breakthrough (as opposed tophysical breakdowns) - and i''m not talking religion here, but sometimes a wise part of ourselves is trying to help us get moving on our soul purpose. thinking of you as the light tries to break through, hang in there, it gets light erand brighter xxxx

Reply to been there
Posted by: Reckless | 2011/03/07

Look in the mirror. Your not dead yet

Reply to Reckless
Posted by: Maria | 2011/03/07

There is no such thing as " just depressed" . Depression can be debilitating, and your meds should make you feel better. Please go and see your doctor and explain how you feel, it sounds as if your meds needs to be adjusted. If it was a gp who prescribed meds for you then I recommend that you go and see a psychiatrist instead.

Reply to Maria