Question
Posted by: BP | 2009-03-25

Bipolar and fed up....

Hi doc

I am so tired. We' ve just moved into a new place which was hectic stress. Now its my 30th on Saturday and we' re having a spitbraai with 20 of my friends.

I' ve been diagnosed about two months ago with BP II. I' m on lamictin and cypralex. My husband says that mood swings are better, but I must say, I don' t think I feel that much better.

I cannot see how seeing the psychiatrist is helping, I mean, I' m spending craploads of money. He is nice and all, but it feels like he' s just sitting there and I want him to DO SOMETHING!

Irritation, severe severe irritability, is this a depressive or hypomania stage? I am tired doc.....

Sometimes a spouse and other friends can notice improvements before you do. Have you discussed how you fel currently, with your treating psychiatrist ? Also, ask to be referred to someone providing Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, CBT, as this could be mos suitable for you, and would provide a therapist who was active and got you to be active, in improving the specific symptoms troubling you.