Question
Posted by: Santie | 2010-11-02

Bipolar &  Diet Capsules

I am bipolar, can I use any diet capsules or diet meal replacements? I use prescribed medicine.

I don't recommend the use of "diet capsules" anyway, and many skate by and avoid the need for proper testing for safety and effectiveness by calling themselves "supplements". There's no substitute for seeing a dietician and getting a propwer real-food diet.
And indeed, not only ( as we have recently seen in one reported case ) do some "diet capsules" contain different ingredients or doses than they state, but indeed some of the chemicals used in many of them can indeed not only be risky in themselves, but more so in conjunction with antidepressants and many other real drugs.
Diet meal replacements are much more expensive than real food, and again, their precise chemical make-up is not always clear.

2
Posted by: Santie | 2010-11-03

Thanx doc, now I know what to do.

Reply to Santie