Posted by: BE | 2013-01-08

Please could I have some advise. I was diagnosed with Bipolar at age 24/25. I am now 33. I have been in hospital 3 times, the first two were very brief the last one was in november last year for 3weeks. A lot of things happened to bring me to that point. At the end of it I walked out of a 11 year relationship as well. Currently staying with my father and his gf.

Although I am feeling better then what I was, quite a lot better (meds and all). I feel this huge pressure to never to screw up again. I''m told to think postively, think of those less fortunate, not to dissapoint people again etc etc.

And I agree with all that, but my mind has other ideas (is this normal for bipolar). I am still at war with myself, and it does feel like a fight for survival. Cause I dont know if I can keep surviving episodes that I feel I have no control over. Its frustrating me, I''m frustrating me.

People want me to share, but they don''t seem to want hear what I am actually going through. I just find myself going deeper and deeper into myself, its what I know, but its not where I should be.

Bipolar Disorder of course has major biological / chemical aspects to it, but also very important psychological aspects, where you can learn, with the help of a good psychotherapist / psychologist, to handle the issues and problems more effectively, and to use the meds etc. to produce the best results for yourself. Sharing with people who may be friendly but don't know how to be helpful, isn't usually useful ,whereas sharing with a good shrink usually is.