Question
Posted by: landi | 2012/07/15

bipolar

is bipolar a disability?

To the people who have it, of course it is, and to other people who are impacted by its symptoms ; IF it is not properly diagnosed by a suitable expert and if it isn't receiving proper effective treatment. It is primarily a disorder, and what might be what you're asking, it is one that medical aids SHOULD recognize as a chronic disorder, for benefit and medication purposes. Other authorities actually have a choice, but should recognize that it can indeed be a disability

3
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/07/17

SARS recognizes Bipolar as a disability. I have gotten a fair amount of tax relief. You just get your Psyciatrist to complete the ITR-DD form on the SARS website. My Dr Just said I was mildly disabled by the condition, because he said if your moderate they will query why you are still working.

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: sunflower | 2012/07/16

No it''s not. It is disorder, mentally. You can live a happy life if you are on meds and take them regularly. Go do yourself a favour and google it.

Reply to sunflower