Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2012-07-05

Bipolar

Hi, I was informed that I am 71% bipolar. They discovered this from a test that I took. Is this something to worry about or is it normal?

Whoever told you that is probably a fool. There is NO test known to science that can either prove that you have a bipolar disorder, nor measure any extent to which you are to such a luducrous degree of fake precision. There are no "normal" results for such a silly test. The only valid way to decide whether someone has a Bipolar Disorder is to see a properly qualified psychiatrist or psychologist for a full and detailed assessment, and then either you are considered to properly meet the criteria and the disorder is present, or you don't Nobody in human history has ever been "71% bipolar", any more than they have 27% ingrown toenails.

3
Posted by: Liza | 2012-07-05

You cannot be 71% bipolar. You''re either bipolar or you''re not. The test could have indicated that the CHANCE that you''re bipolar is 71%. In which case it would indicate that you need to see a psychiatrist for a proper evaluation and diagnosis. If a problem really exists, it can then be treated properly.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Maria | 2012-07-05

What test and who informed you? If you are concerned then please see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. There are no definitive tests for bipolar, questionnaires can at best give you an indication of whether or not you potentially have a problem.

Reply to Maria