Question
Posted by: Just me | 2011/04/07

Bipolar

I am using a lot of meds for bipolar. It does have a effect on my libido in the sense of inititating. I do enjoy sex, but my husband don''t understand the effect of the meds and that I''m not more " aware"  of his needs

The effects of various of these meds can potentially be quite complex - and vary between people. There may be a loss of libido ( desire for sex ) or not, a los of enjoyment of it, or not. A reduction in lubrication, or a failure to orgasn, or not. COuld your prescribing doc maybe have a word with your husband to help him understand ? What aspect of his needs does he feel are being overlooked ? Would it help for you to google these factors, and show him some on-line material explaining it all ?

1