Question
Posted by: bravecrazy | 2010-09-16

Bipolar

What i mean by clutching at straws is that i am hoping against hope that this is not a step back.

I am going through a somewhat trying time both professionaly and personally, and dont know if i have the strength to fight this off.

I just dont know what to do to make this stop happening, i can see the small things happening and i know it can just suddenly explode into something that is very difficult to stop.

I dont know if my relationship can survive another periode of me not knowing what i am doing or doing things in an out of control manner. It is scaring me to death.

Its in the nature of Bipolar Disorder to be cyclical - so an episode is disappointing and unwelcome, but not really a step back - more of a step sideways. Unfortunately, episodes are never ( except by pure accident ) times suitably in line with one's other life committments.
Depending on the history of your particular disorder and its response to different medications and interventions, discuss this with your shrink, and decide the best way to either ward it off, or to minimize its severity and duration. Ypou need not be as out of control as you fear, even during an episode.

1