Question
Posted by: Impish | 2009-04-24

Bipolar

Dear Cybershrink

I have recently been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. I take 400mg Lithium twice daily.

My concern however, is that when I go into my depressed mode, I tend to get manipulative and conniving. Is this part of the BPD or am I just a nasty person?

Im a completely changed person. All of a sudden I tend to be jealous/possesive/insecure and controlling in my relationship. I never used to be like this!!!!

I receive CBT councelling but my appointments are stretched with all the public holidays. I only see my shrink on 4 May again.

Being manipulative and conniving is no part of Bipolar Disorder, but is part of many people's personality, which they may keep well under control except when rendered vulnerable by the highs or lows of Bipolar Disorder. CBT counsellign to deal with that particular aspect of your problems, is a good idea. As this has presumably been a long-standing part of your troubles, it's annoying if there has been som delay in the timing of your next CBT /shrink appointment, but that's not too far ahead, and if you work well together, should start to ebar fruit before long.
Evil bru ? Isn't that a fizzy drink ? Oh no, I'm thinking of Iron Bru

3

it was a joke, abit sick - but funny, no?

Posted by: Impish | 2009-04-24

Anonymous... thank you for your uplifting, kind words :D

Reply to Impish

thats not bipolar - thats evil bru....e.v.i.l.