Posted by: Acid | 2009-02-17

My aunt currently suffers with Bipolar and she has extreme mood swings from being down in the dumps through to highs above the clouds. Very irritable and always needs to a change of scenary.

Tell me, are there any clinics/organisations that provide daily care for someone in her condition? A professional facility that is backed up by doctors that can help with he medication and doses.

Are there any placeslike this in SA and more specifically in Durban?

Please help..

Dear Acid
Most psychiatrist can treat this and if needed will be able to admit her to a hospital suitable to treat this condition. Call The South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) on 011 262 6396 or 0800 20 50 26 - they will be able to refer you to a suitable doctor in your area (offices are open 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm. )