Question
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-02-06

Biotoxyl

I came upon an advertisement of the " best anti wirnkle creams"  and up popped " Biotoxyl"  from somewhere in KZN plus the usual facial results from " before"  and " after" . Have you ever heard of this? Can you recommend if if you have heard of it? It looked too true to believe and the cyinic in me says if it does, it probably doesn' t! If you know what I mean. Thank you for a good column otherwise.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Cat Lady, thank you for the question.

The ingredients in Biotoxyl are: Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3. There is no conclusive double blind randomized study that demonstrates that these ingredients will remove one’s wrinkles. A few studies performed in the lab have shown promising results but the question remains how effective these ingredients are when applied topically to the skin.