Question
Posted by: Oogies | 2007-06-13

Q.

Bioplus

Can you please tell me if Bioplus has a negative effect on your Kidneys or Liver??

I've tried all the other energy tonics, and none of them work for me. Bioplus works like a miracle. I take only 2 medicine measures in the morning but not on weekends.

People at work say that it is not good for my health and they developed problems with their kidneys and liver after using Bioplus. Is there any truth in this?

Is there anything else similar to Bioplus that you can recommend?

Thanks for your time.

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear Oogies
Bioplus just contains high levels of caffeiene which can have as side effects:
nervousness, irritability, anxiety, muscle twitching, sleeplessness headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, drowsiness, dry mouth, flushed dry skin, need to go to the toilet often, loss of appetite, nausea, stomachaches and heart palpitations.

No there is not something similar I can recommend. 10 ml Bioplus contains 180 mg caffeine, about the equivalent of two cups of strong coffee. If you don't drink lots of coffee or tea or caffeiene drinks during the day, this should be ok.

10
user comments

C.

Posted by: lazlolliant | 2014-10-25

Does bioplus booster have anything to do with runny eyes? Tears coming out automatically especially during the night?

Reply to lazlolliant

What will happen if you drink like between 6 to 8 sachets of bioplus per day - concerned mother

Posted by: Dr Jooste | 2014-06-10

When you use Bioplus during study time, I would advise that you drink lots of water. Besides drinking lots of water is actually the best supplement during study times.

Reply to Dr Jooste | 1 comment (hide)

What will happen if you drink 6 to 8 sachets bioplus per day - concerned mother

Posted by: Duncan | 2014-06-05

I've read the side effects of cafeine above, are they just short-lived or may cause permanent damage? Please reply to Duncan: duncan.kavu@yahoo.com

Reply to Duncan
Posted by: damien | 2014-05-05

every weekdays at night when i study i usually drink bio-plus syrup but the smallest pack does it have the same side effect?

Reply to damien | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Dr Jooste | 2014-06-10

The side effects are the same. It does not matter the quantity that you buy, it's the amount of intake. Th side effect are minimal. I would advice that you have lots of water during study time.

Posted by: jc | 2014-04-01

I have been drinking a bioplus sachet almost every day for 3 weeks. I am 3 months pregnant so will that give my unborn baby alcohol syndrome? Please give me some advise as I feel terrified of harming my unborn baby.

Reply to jc
Posted by: Siyabonga | 2014-03-26

Dear Dr what if i use bio-plus occasionally not every day, maybe say twice or thrice a week. am i still in danger of the side effects you mentioned above? (nervousness, irritability, anxiety, muscle twitching, sleeplessness headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, drowsiness, dry mouth, flushed dry skin, need to go to the toilet often, loss of appetite, nausea, stomachaches and heart palpitations.)

Reply to Siyabonga
Posted by: Leonie | 2013-05-31

If you drink bioplus before you go to work and when you arrive at work and they test you with an alcohol breath test will it show positive

Reply to Leonie

Want to comment?