Question
Posted by: susan | 2011/05/04

Bioligical clock

hi i just want to know do i need to stress about that i am a 31 year old only been married 8months want to be married for 2 years before getting pregnant but now i hear from my friends that they struggle for years to get pregnant only one got pregnant since they tried in 3months all the others is year and more.
i am not on the pill we use only condoms will that make it better if we try, cause sometimes i think now we must start now if we want to get pregnant later i really want to hav 2 kids before 35 and i also want to know is it bad for u to hav your babies like a year apart?
and pls tell me all the things i should be worried that my baby can hav if i get them later in life???

There is no need to worry about your age until at least 35 years. Many normal healthy women take up to a year to fall pregnant. This is normal. If you are not on hormonal contraception, there is no adjustment time when you stop, so it should help. There is no problem having babies a year apart. The main problem after the age of 35, is an increased risk of Down syndrome.

1