Posted by: True or Myth | 2009-08-03

Biogen Products

Dear Fitness Doc

Please could you help me - I am a 29 yrs healthy female. I have been training for quite sometime (1 1/2 yrs). A close friend of mine recommended that I start using Biogen Phenadrine Xtra. Apparently these tablets are very safe and promote fast loss while reducing muscle loss. I train about 5 days a week - variously from pilates to V-Boxing, weights, cardio. My training session per day lasts for about 1 - 2 hours depending on the workout problem for that day.
My question is how safe is the Biogen products and are they really going to assist in fat loss and muscle loss reduction?
I would mainly like to concerntrate on muscle definition but not that of body building - I would still like to look femanine and natural. What is your opinion on these products?

Absolutely impossible to say how safe they are. Impossible to say if they work or not. The supplement industry is incredibly dodgy, there is no research, because there doesn't need to be. These products land up on shelves without any science behind them so we don't know. They say they're safe, because if they didn't, you wouldn't buy them and they wouldn't make money.

They promise fat loss, because without that, why would you pay? But nobody has ever verified that they work, or checked that they are safe? In the few studies that are done, they find no effect. So they're a waste of money - not just Biogen, mind you, but the vast majority of supplements are the same.