Question
Posted by: Would like to know | 2009/11/23

BINGING / ALCOHOLIC OR BOTH?

My ex b/f has to be in or around a pub 5/7 nights a week with him getting really drunk at least 4 of those times.

He never gets sick from the booze nor does he ever seem to have a hangover although he has other health problems.

Is he a binge drinker / alcoholic or both?

Exes out to be really Ex. Why are you worrying about his bad drinking habits ?Until HE worries about them and seeks proper expert help, your worrying about it won't help him at all.

5
Posted by: bubba | 2009/11/23

Yes dont worry about it, have a few drinks later yourself :)

Reply to bubba

Thanks for your honesty 123.

He is an EX for a reason and yes he must want to help himself (if that is what he wants).

Time to stop worrying :-)

Reply to Would like to know
Posted by: 123 | 2009/11/23

A dangerous road to alcoholism.
And alcoholism is scary. There is no way to convince someone to stop drinking, they have to convince themselves.
I' m a freaking alcoholic and I have to convince mysef everyda single damn day to stay away from the stuff,
And if I go back, it' s all me.
And if I stay strong, it' s all me too.

Yeah, he' s at the very least on his way to becoming an alcoholic. Try and help, I guess. But realise it s nothing personal if you cannot get it right. He' s got to want to from inside himself.

All the best with this. I hope he finds sobriety (IF he wants to even).

Reply to 123
Posted by: L | 2009/11/23

Why worry about him. He is an " ex"  at the end of the day.

Reply to L