Question
Posted by: Juanita | 2011/05/23

Binge eating

Where can one go for help?I am in the Johannesburg area.

Dear Juanita
If you suffer from binge eating, and are in Gauteng then it may help to contact Tara Hospital as they have an Eating Disorder clinic (phone (011) 783-2010. Bulimia is an Eating Disorder, which needs to be treated with a team approach. You can also consult a clinical psychologist (they are listed in the Yellow Pages under 'Psychologists' or you can ask your gp to refer you), to help you work out what underlying psychological problems are driving you to self-destruct and to learn most positive ways of dealing with these problems. You should also consult a registered dietitian to assist you to get back to eating normally again. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.
Go for expert help ASAP before the bulimia ruins your life.
Holding thumbs for you

2
Posted by: Cat | 2011/05/24

Best of luck, Juanita. It took me 12 years to get back to a normal life after being bulimic. And of course - today, after all of that, my dental expenses are astronomical.

Please get better soon. It''s just not worth hurting yourself so much.

Reply to Cat

Dear Juanita
Holding thumbs for you