Posted by: Perplexed | 2008-11-27

Binge eating

I am 60-year old woman, healthy and reasonably fit. Am trying to lose 6kg and am on WeighLess. Every second day, or so, I sabotage my diet by uncontrollable eating of anything I lay my hands on. I know all the rules about healthy eating but am unable to control myself when I start. I have never had a sweet tooth but find myself eating whole packets of biscuits at a time now. Six years ago I lost my son and am wondering if that, coupled with (perhaps?) too few carbs is causing my problem.

Dear Colleen
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your son - this is probably the most traumatic event any parent can suffer. If you have not had any trauma counselling after the tragedy to help you cope, then I would urge you to consult a clinical psychologist to assist you to work through this trauma. Until you have come to terms with the psychological damage you suffered, you will probably not find it easy to stick to a diet. At the moment your binging on 'comfort' foods does indicate that you are trying to find solace in food.
Do see a psychologist and continue with your Weigh-Less diet plus some regular exercise.
Holding thumbs for you

Posted by: XYZ | 2008-11-28

Eat 2 boiled eggs in morning. It helps me from eating the rest of the day. Tomato in afternoon

Reply to XYZ