Binge eating

Everday I startout with my diet till I' ve ate lunch after it I just eat anything seeing that I feel I' ll rather start tommorow. In total I' ve gained 5.4kg in total and only way that I will break this habit would be if I don' t stick to the diet tommorow I would have to punish myself (which I try to aviod as my phychologist say its not right) but its all that would work. Could it be that lunchtime is my downfall? What do you think about mealreplacements to make sure I get all the nutrions?

Dear Anonymous
I think that you need to do 2 things: a) Discuss your problems with overeating and wanting to punish yourself with the psychologist so that you can get the correct therapy because you will not succeed with a diet until you have sorted this out, and b) consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), wh will work out a specific diet prescription for you so that you can lose weight without developing cravings that make you sabotage your diet by lunchtime.

Posted by: John | 2008-10-31

Ask you Dr to prescribe " Tenuate Dospan" . It is an " appetite blocker" .
Please note it may have a lot of side effects.

lucky I had none. It just make me not hungry! Do not skip meals!!

Reply to John
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008-10-30

Dont set rules dont cut out food just replace with better options. Eat every 4 hours. Meal replacements arent going to work diets dont work eating healthy and a variety of foods is the way to do it with 30min excercise everyday. As soon as i tell myself i cant have something i crave it till i eat it. Its a mind set.

Reply to Kasandra