Question
Posted by: Mrs Chris jacobs | 2011/04/08

Bilocor tablets

I am 63, slim, fit and a non smoker. In Dec of last year I had a benign tumour removed from my thoracic spine area. I have some numbness and weakness of muscles in my right leg though it is improving. I often have cold ankles and feet. They feel cold to me but not always to other people who say they are warm. I am on Bilocor for blood pressure, could they aggravate and do i just need to keep my feet warm with physical things like warm socks and shoes.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Chris

Beta blockers such as Bilocor commonly cause cold hands and feet. In addition, beta blockers are no longer regarded by many experts as first line therapy for high blood pressure.

My advice would be to see your doctor and discuss the possibility of changing from Bilocor to another drug for blood pressure - eg an ACE inhibitor or angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). One of these should control your blood pressure with warm hands and feet!

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/04/12

Hi Chris

Reply to Cardiologist