Question
Posted by: Jacqui | 2009-08-01

Bilocor and pregnancy

Hello

I was diagnosed with a right rapid branch block (heart). I also suffered from debilitating migraines which included numbness and temporary loss of vision. At that time i was prescribed a half tablet daily of Bilocor. The migraines stopped as did the palpitations.
In about three months, my husband and I would like to try and have a child. I am 40, in good health otherwise and not on any other medication. The three months are basically to build up our health.
My question is: can I continue taking this low dose of Bilocor with no harmful affect on the baby or do I need to source an alternative and try and come off it. My gp says I will ' never'  come off the meds but I really worry about the possible risks to the foetus.
Thank you and regards

Jacqui

Bilocor's safety in pregnancy has not been proven. I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist and maybe in his/her experience they have dealt with this problem before and will be able to advise you accordingly.