Question
Posted by: Andre Venter | 2011/07/03

Bilicor - when to take it

I have been on Bilicor (10) for some months now. Once I forgot to take it in the morning and took it in the evening before going to bed. I may be imagining it but somehow I believe I had a better rest and felt better the next morning. Is there a difference between taking it in the morning or at night? Are there any complications if I rather take it at night? I take it with a dispring (stronger one) and take Puricos for gout every day.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi andre

Bilocor is generally intended to be taken in the morning, but you're not the first person to have found that your body copes better with an evening-dose. No significant difference should be seen with taking it at night - As long as you keep taking it on a daily basis and roughly at the same time everyday.

Should you however find that your sleep is affected by taking it at night, you may have to switch back to taking it in the morning.

Regarding taking aspirin: Remeber that aspirin may worsen your gout - if your find that you battle to keep your gout under control, try a low dose aspirin such as Ecotrin.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/07/05

Hi andre

Reply to pharmacist