Posted by: Robert Sauka | 2009-09-08

i have been noticing blood in my urine for the last 8 months, i went to see my doctor and urine samples were taken. Two tests of the samples both come back negative, my doctor prescribed Bilhazia medication.

What else could cause blood to to come out after urinating? i have already been put on antibiotics twice.

help me!!

Dear Robert
Blood in the urine is called Hematuria. Most common causes are infection, inflammation of the bladder or kidney disease. Has your doctor done a bilharzia blood test to confirm his diagnosis? If you are not sure that it is due to Bilharzia, or you don't improve on medication, you should be evaluated by an urologist for other kidney diseases.