Question
Posted by: Fatma | 2008-11-19

bilharzia

My 7-year-old daughter has very high RBC and WBC in her urine and the doctor said it may be a stone in the kidneys or bilharzia (we live in a developing courntry). How can bilharzia be diagnosed? Urine is yellow, doesn' t contain blood.

Dear Fatma
Bilharzia can be diagnosed with an urine microscopy test and a blood antibody test. Kidney stones usually cause severe cramping pain in the sides.

1
Posted by: jpgboy | 2008-11-19

The easiest way is to send a urine sample to the labs. I had bilharzia but only microscopic blood particles in my urine. My sister who also contracted it (we went kayaking in the same river) had no blood present.

Reply to jpgboy