Question
Posted by: Liya | 2008/07/10

bikini bumps?

hi expert can u tell me, is there such a thing as permanent razor bumps? My bikini line has been bumpy for seemingly years, even when i let the hair grow a bit. What wld u recommend which would have a 'flattening' effect?

thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Liya, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the area that concerns you and advise you on the appropriate treatment for the ‘bumps’ you have noticed. Unfortunately there are a number of different causes for raised lesions appearing on the skin and this makes it very difficult to give advice over the net. Furthermore, taking into consideration the length of time you have observed these bumps, I feel that the appropriate advise is for you to see a medical professional (dermatologist).
My apologies for not being able to help you more.