Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/11/21

Big toe

Hi Doc, I broke my left big toe 5 years ago, i went to the gp he stiched my toe atleast it helaed. Unfortunately ever since then my toe does not bend at all and I notice that the toe next to my big toe is longer. What can I do to get my toe to bend again.

Sue

Severe trauma to the big toe can cause the joint space to fuse and thus eliminating any movement/bending. You can consult an orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and possible treatment. Fusion of the joint is not serious but can be uncomfortable and at times painful.