Posted by: Shelly | 2011-11-21

Big bumps on head

What causes big boil like cysts on my husbands head. These seem to come out when he is under stress and makes a sore bump that does not form a head like a pimple, but when you squeeze them it bursts and pinish pus comes out. They are sore they appear on the top of the head, neck area and in the hair above the ears. He does take 2 Nutri B and a multi vitamin with a probiotic in daily. What would you suggest. At the moment he has about 6 of these cysts on his head that are sore and painful and has been stressed at workl. A friend of mine said we should try Niz Shampoo but that is for dandruff, what would you suggest.

It is possible that your husband has folliculitis from inadvertedly pulling his hair while being stressed. He may do so without knowing. It will be best to consult a dermatologist for an examination and a course of antibiotics. Niz shampoo will not be beneficial.

Posted by: Anon | 2011-11-22

Hi Shelly

I used to get the same. Go to Dischem and purchase Flaxseed oil (edible) and he must have it very regularly. This thins the pus and prevents outbursts like the ones you speak about. It will dramatically lessen the formation of those cysts. Make sure the flaxseed oil is kept in the fridge.

It will definately help as it helped me.

Take care.