Question
Posted by: LINDIWE | 2012/07/11

Big belly

Hi Doc, I have a big tummy though I`m not that fat is there anything that you can recommend for my big stomach because I do stomach excercises but I do not see any results,and I have been doing that for 1 month and recently I started taking lemon juice, does lemon juice help? as someone recommenede it also. Please help.

Dear Lindiwe
If you are generally overweight then it is necessary to use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and to increase your total energy output by doing regular aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. This is in addition to doing the tummy exercises. If you lose weight all round your tummy will also reduce. The aerobic exercises will stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss, so do consider doing them every day. Lemon juice is an excellent source of vit C, but it is not really know for its weightloss properties. Always remember to rinse your mouth with water or to brush your teeth after drinking very acid drinks like lemon juice to prevent loss of tooth enamel.
If you lose weight, tighten your muscles and still have a large tummy then it may be an idea to consult a plastic surgeon for interventions such as a tummy tuck or liposuction.

1

Dear Lindiwe