Posted by: LINDZ | 2008-12-08

Hi Doc,

i have a problem with my belly, since i gave birth 6 months ago. I had this before pregnancy but now its worse. i don' t know what should i use to get rid of it or maybe a diet. onother thing i' m breastfeeding. i gained few kilo' s but that doesn' t matter only the stomach.

help please.

Dear Lindz
As I mentioned to Taps earlier on today: If you are not overweight, then I suggest that you start doing targeted exercises that help to tighten up your waist and belly. Ask Fitness Doc on this Website for exercises that target these areas. Otherwise join a gym and ask the instructor to work out a specific exercise programme for you. If you are overweight all round, you also need to eat a low-fat, energy reduced diet and to do cardio exercises like skipping to stimulate your metabolism (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and check out the various diets and other information about losing weight). But do not go on a strict diet or overdo your exercises while you are breastfeeding.