Question
Posted by: Liza | 2009/07/09

Big Baby

Hi there,

Went for a 35/36 week check up last night. And feeling kinda nervous. Doc says baby weighs 3kgs already and i still have 4 weeks to go. Doc said if its anything over 3.5kgs i will have to have a C-section as i am very small. When i read in my pregnancy book it said at around 36 weeks baby should weigh about 2.5kgs.

I have also read somewhere that the last month they gain the most weight but then someone told me that they slow down. Anyone know?

Doc only wants to see me at 38 weeks again, so we will see how much she has gained then.

They do gain quite a bit of weight in the last few weeks but everu baby is different. You will have to wait and see what happens.