Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/06/25

Big African Thighs

Hi Doc, I want to start a weight loss programme together with exercise. I enjoy spinning, but worry that it is said that it makes one''s thighs bigger. Is this true? What are your recommendations?

Thanx

Hi Sue

No, not necessarily. Only if you use very heavy weights or resistance, but spinning doesn't, and so you'll be OK. It's a good form of cardio training, and if you enjoy it, well, that's the most important thing.

So go for it! Look at some other activities - walking, jogging, swimming, taebo, to give you some variety, even if it's just once a week out of four days, because that helps a lot in the longer term.