Posted by: HEN | 2011-07-22

Bietjie bekommerd

PLEASE READ BELOW: IF I need a operation, what is the recovery period? Risks? ext Thank you for your help!

PYNLIKE NEK. X-STRAAL VERSLAG VERWYS NA: "  There is loss of the normal cervical lordosis in keepng with underlying muscle spasm. Disc space narrowing with marginal osteophytosis were noted in relation to C5/6 with prominence of the uncovertebral joints at his level, more on the right.
If a radiculopathy is present in this distribution, further investigation with heiurosurgical opinion and MRI is advised.
The rest of the vertebral bodies and disc spaces appeared omtact."  Wat kan ek verwag? Was by dokter - nie alles ingeneem. Verduidelik weer asseblief.

Posted by: Osteopath | 4/7/2011
Hello Hen,
The natural spinal curve of your neck is reduced which may be related to localised muscle tension. The space between the 5th and 6th bone in your neck is reduced and there are small boney growths evident at the edge of these bones.. If you have symptoms related to irritation of a nerve at this level an MRI is recommended.
I hope this helps you.

Please be so kind as provide me with more details of the operation that you need. Will they be doing a fusion of the spinal vertebrae?