Posted by: karen | 2008-11-03

Bi-polar question

My question to the Expert-
Why do meds help of ex. 5 months and it does not work.
and I sit with all this emotions. Dr sorry, the meds don' t work
any more. We will try some other meds. Ok we do-
and 2months down the line- Sorry your meds dont work any more
What must I do just to cope with bipolar and life?

It is NOT usual for meds that DO work, to suddenly stop working ( unless one is adding something like alcohol to the equation, undermining the meds ). And discus this with your own doctor. Sometimes one needs to experiment for a while to find the right combination of mood stabilizing drugs, etc., to suit you and your particular form of bipolar disorder. Also, CBT counselling can help you to cope better with this, and also helps to bring it back under better control

Posted by: bigjack | 2008-11-03

a good diet and lots of excersize will help, also have you thought of taking Zinc and Magneisum?? Both are very good mood stabilizers... also fish oild is great..i think you should look specifically at Magnisium as a supplement along with your other meds..this should help..thats what they used to give people with mood disorders before modern day medication... and it works.

Reply to bigjack