Question
Posted by: Funkyheart | 2008/09/08

Bi-polar or not?

I am on Cilift since february after trying to committ suicide. I was going to a phycologist but due to work committment had to stop going. I have very high highs, up cleaning lots of energy for a week or two then i have lows sleeping cant get going. Do you think i must go see my phycologist again. i am just concerned i dont feel like doing much and it causes fights in my house cos i just cant clean i look after the children but that is about as much as you gonna get out of me on a down.

Dealing with your depression and avoiding another suicidal crisis should be even more important than work committments, and your job should not jeopardize your health --- can't you make a plan to see your psychologist ( or another ) at times compatible with your work ? The ongoing psycholtherapy ( so long as it is of the realistic and effective Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy form, rather than time-wasting analytical meandering ) is important, and maybe, depending on precise diagnosis, medication as well