Question
Posted by: miekie | 2011-08-22

Bi-polar, neatness

Good day proff
I''m bi-polar,ptsd and anxious due to life and illness - drink meds. It has been said I''m extremely neat and quite a pain to be around. To me I just like my enviroment to be organised and well run. I think I''m just a typically Personality A, although when I''m scrapping I mess alot but do clean up immediately, not like my family members. 2 adult sons rooms is always a mess, I just shut the door. Female hormonal imbalances plays a big part in my well beign, although I drink meds.I''m 46. Your input please. Soft scratches for kitty.

I'm not utterly convinced that the "type A" personality theory is awfully useful ; sounds rather like an Obsessive Personality. Uf even that - some of us are more tidy than others, and thank goodness for that.
Hormonal changes do indeed complicate emotional balance - and you can ask my cat, who goes absolutely nuts every time she goes on heat ( as this last week )and then returns to normal looking faintly guilty.
Ault sons should keep their own rooms tidy and hygienic, that's not your job, especially as you seem to be kind enough to be housing them .
Neatness is generall a blesing for you and others. When, as in moving from Obsessive Personality towards OCD, the extent to which it bothers you, it may be worth reining it in. My late mother was a rather obsessive personality, and I remember she once went to see a play, but was unable to concentrate on the plot because a picture on the back wall of the stage was crooked.

1