Question
Posted by: jessy | 2008/06/12

bi-polar and depression

HI CS I'm bi-polar but lately extremely depressed I was raped and now I feel guilty and dirty but more than that just numb and depressed.I;m very irratable and snap easily I feel alone and just want to quit I've tried suicide twice and I take alot of medication but still feel depressed. Please can you help me

Let's see. Depression is, by definition part of Bipolar Disorder, and you should re-visit the doc treating you for that, tell him all about this, and ask for a re-assessment of your condition and perhaps a revision of your current treatment. I'm not sure where the rape fits in, in that you don't mention when it was, whether it was long ago or recently --- either way, discuss this with your shrink, and as for psychotherapy / counselling to be arranged to help you deal with this properly. You CAN be helped and certainly deserve to be