Question

Bi-monthly spotting

Dear GyaeDoc, each month I notice that exactly 2 weeks before I get my period I spot, sometimes it is quite heavy. After my period I notice of late that it comes back for a full day before it' s all over. Is this normal? What does it mean? I' m scared of seeing a gynae as she might put me on the pill, my period is very regular-clock work actually. The spotting is usually dark-ish in colour and abit mucous like too. Thank you so much.

The spotting may be ovulation bleeding but it is not possible to tell without an examination. You do need to see a gynaecologist.