Question
Posted by: concerned | 2010/08/16

bf''s situation

My bf was married and has a daughter with his ex,he pays regular maintenance but his ex witholds his child from him.She is also an unfit mother as she is a drug addict and is pregnant with a second child.You can clearly see that the child is being neglected.I am very concerned for this child.What can my bf do in this situation?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Your boyfriend will be able to bring an application in terms of section 23 of the Children's Act to place the child in his care on account of the fact that it is not in the child's best interest to live under those circumstances.

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

4
Posted by: Jody | 2010/09/06

Make sure you help out, this is your partner''s child, I hope he feels the same way you do, needing to do something about it. I have experienced bad mother''s, not drug addicts but mothers who are in their normal state and still dont do the right thing.

Who should apply for custody! because where do you think his maintenance going to?

Reply to Jody
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/08/16

Report this woman and you can also go to the Welfare !

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: sam | 2010/08/16

He can contact the Family Advocate and they will help him. It is free.

Reply to sam
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/08/16

Bertus Preller
www.divorceattorney.co.za
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert