Question
Posted by: Dw | 2010/09/05

Bf''s past

Hi. I met this guy about a year ago, but only a week ago we got together. He has a bit of a history and Im scared to risk getting further involved with him. He had this gf 2 years ago who he went out with for 2.5 years. He was in love with her. She fell pregnant and they decided to have an abortion. However later she told him that she wanted to keep the baby. I dont know how soon after that happened, but they ended things. It has been 2 years since that relationship. They are still friends and get tog every now &  then to catch up. However he tells me that if she decided that she wanted to try again, he would. In the past he has tried to win her back but she is not interested! Anyway, he wants to carry on the rel with me, but with me knowing all this, how can I give 100% of myself? He says we are not dating anyone else, but seeing his ex to me is seeing someone else esp that he still has feelings for her. Please help. Thanks.

Why have you chosen to get so involved with him already, when it's clear he isn't yet over his previous relaionship ? What are you to him, actually, other than an emotional life-boat to pass the time until GF number 1 returns, as he hopes and expects ?

2

Posted by: Maria | 2010/09/05

Why would you want to have a serious relationship with a guy who is so clearly not yet over his ex?

Reply to Maria