Posted by: 2TM | 2010-04-27

BFN then BFP then BFN???

Please give me your advice!

Regular 28 day cycle

LMP 18 March

AF due 15 April - nothing

Brown discharge on
18 April for 1 and a half day and some spotting for an additional day (which doesn''t make sense for Implantation Bleeding unless I Ovulated really late?)

22 April BFP on HPT

Wanted to test again to be sure before laying out the cash for gynae / scan (no Medical Aid) on 26 April BFN (different test type).

Still no period, some cramping, some nausea...

I would appreciate your professional opinion!

Sorry don't understand your abbreviations.

Posted by: A | 2010-04-29

Hi. A blood test would be the best way to tell. All the best!

Reply to A
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-29

Posted by: 2TM | 2010-04-28

Zama, thanks for your reply!

You''re my strenght right now... will keep you updated!

Reply to 2TM
Posted by: Zama | 2010-04-28

Hi 2TM, I know you''re expecting a response from gyanedoc but I could not help but write some words of encouragement to you. Keep faith alive. Have you tried again with the brand with which you had initially tested? I would also suggest that you see your GP then he/she may also do a test at his/her rooms and also send you for a quantitative blood test.

You know last year January (if i recall well) my period wa slate and I took a Maybe Baby test from Clicks and I got a BFP!! I was so excited. The next mroning AF came and I was devestated. But because I was so sure of my BFP I went to my GP and told her what had happened (I burst out crying in her rooms I was so upset) The blood test came back as negative. Then I saw a post on the infertility site where one of the ladies had also got a BFP on a Maybe Baby test. It turns out that they had a faulty batch (she gave me the contacts of a representative from Maybe Baby). So much for my joy...

I''m not saying that this could have been the case with you...especially since AF has not yet shown.

I wish you all the best...

take care. I understand what you''re going through.

Reply to Zama