Question
Posted by: Sad | 2011/06/15

Bf triggering anorexia

I am recovering from an eating disorder which has left me weighing more than I ever have. I discovered that my bf is on forums looking at pictures of thin, attractive, naked women and commenting on how much he''d like to have intercourse with them. I''ve asked him on previous occasions to stop doing this sort of thing as it really upsets me but he hasn''t stopped. I now feel betrayed, inadequate and like I''m slipping back into my anorexic tendencies. Please help me. I''m falling apart.

You are doing well to be tackling your eating disorder ; pity your bf has behaved so disgracefully, childishly, and unkindly. Yes, in a way he has betrayed you, but of coruse you are not inadequate - HE is. Don't let this heel push you back into anorexia. Discuss this with your therapist and work it through. You are worth far more than this shallow man is

4
Posted by: Sad | 2011/06/17

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words of advice and your encouragement. I will give the situation serious consideration.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Patricia | 2011/06/15

CS and Maria said it very well.

Besides, remember that different men have different tastes. The big majority of men don''t like skinny women. I am skinny (with a big belly) and men keep telling me how tiny I am. They like women with a little more meat on their bodies. If your boyfriend likes thin women, then he is not like most men. If he likes something you are not, don''t waste your time with him. Look for someone who likes you the way you are. Keep trying to become healthy. Don''t fall into the anorexia trap again. Listen to your doctor rather than your bf. And, most of all, think about yourself. You deserve to feel good about yourself, just the way you are.

Reply to Patricia
Posted by: Maria | 2011/06/15

Dump the boyfriend. He clearly doesn''t love or respect you and you deserve better. Please go and see a counsellor so that you can talk this through and work on your self esteem. Your worth as a person is not measured in kg''s, and not in the opinion of a worthless bf either. Take care.

Reply to Maria