Question
Posted by: Anne | 2012/06/07

bf soft

My bf cant seem to get hard. When it happens at night,he blames it on the alcohol. However it happens in the morning too. I know he is embarred about it but I pretend it doesnt bother me however I cant climax when he is soft inside of me. How should I handle this situation? He is 48...

Dear Anne,

I would recommend that your bf see his medical practitioner or a sex therapist for an assessment. At his age erectile dysfunction can have an any number of possible causes that could be physical, psychological or social in cause and nature.

I would suggest you stop pretending that it does not bother you and speak to him in a supportive manner, reassuring him that erectile problems are very common amongst men and also very treatable.

6
Posted by: Boss | 2012/06/07

Not to hurt you, but a reason could be that he lost sexual interest. The embarrassment could be because of guilt

Reply to Boss
Posted by: Anne | 2012/06/07

Boss...I am 40 and in good shape sexually and physically!!
XXX - he only drinks socially but thanks for the advice.
XYZ - thanks I will tell him

Reply to Anne
Posted by: xyz | 2012/06/07

The very first thing he must check out is to go for a check on his prostate, he is in the age group where it start first.His gp can do it.

Reply to xyz
Posted by: XXX | 2012/06/07

It appears that he might have a problem with alcohol,period.Hopefully he does not abuse the drinking of alcohol.
There are many things that can affect his erection,alcohol,drugs,overweight,stress,unfit,certain meds etc etc.He might need to see a dr to check out his problem.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Boss | 2012/06/07

How old are you ?

Reply to Boss
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/06/07

Dear Anne,

Reply to sexologist