Posted by: Samantha | 2009-07-22

Bf says going down on me grosses him out...

I am a very clean person. My bf is not allowed to really touch me sexually unless I am clean (I am very finicky like that)

He told me recently that it grosses him out when he performs oral sex on me. He mentioned that sometimes there is an unpleasant smell down there.

Could this have anything to do with my cycle? I am clueless as to why this is... because I know that I am clean.

We have only ever had intercourse once where I hadn' t bathed or showered just before.

This has really hurt my feelings and self esteem.
Even if he says it' s just sometimes, I honestly never want him to go down there again. I can' t imagine him possibly being grossed out by me.

Advice pls

your vagina changes its ph balance, fluidity, taste and smell according to the various stages of the menstrual cycle. in this sense, it is not that your vagina is dirty that it tastes different but that it is based on the menstrual cycle.

some men, no matter what stage of the menstrual cycle the woman is in will dismiss going down 'on her' as gross. thus, i suspect that the problem may not lie with you or your vagina but your partner. thus rather make use of a flavoured dental-dam that can be placed over te vagina - your partner will still be able to 'go down on you' but will not taste the vagina but rather the flavour of the dental-dam (can be brought in most shops where they sell sex-aids). if not, he can rather manually stimulate you with fingers rather than tongue.

Posted by: Muff dive | 2009-07-28

Hang on - it is a myth that men enjoys going down on a woman, I personally hate it and so does a couple of my friends, I dont tell my wife I hate it but there is NOTHING nice about it AT all, so give the guy a break

Reply to Muff dive
Posted by: Q | 2009-07-24

Reply to Q
Posted by: D | 2009-07-22

Gosh what an idiot. Is it all the time when he does it or did the smell happen once maybe?

You could have an infection, what you eat and drink could play a part, PH balance, even certain medication can influenece the smell, there could be various reasons.

I am just like you since being pregnant and giving birth I have become very ' finnicky'  as well and refuse to have sex unless I have a bath/shower.

I think your boyfriend is making excuses, he just probably doesnt want to do it, how childish?

Reply to D

He s an insensitive prick. Do you ever perform oral sex on him? If so, tell him the same thing. Wonder how he will feel about that.