Posted by: Frustrated Gal | 2010-05-10

Betrayed &  Angry

During last year''s performance review I was told someone reported that I''m ranking them. That I did something during a project to suggest this. Without telling me who alleged this and exactly what I did so that I could defend myself, my boss lashed out at me and to cut the long story short, told me I needed to do introspection. Since then I''ve been thinking 1) not telling me who complained and what they said I did exactly, told me that she would rather protect them and not me 2) she didn''t give me a chance to defend myself, thus telling me she believes and trusts him and not me. We had a very good and dynamic relationship and I would do anything for her to see the business prosper. But since then, I''m demotivated, don''t feel like going an extra mile for her and in fact, because I don''t think she would back me up in any way, I don''t tell her of any office politics that is affecting me. No I feel so frustrated I just want out and I don''t want to act impulsively when there could be something I could do to remedy this. Please help me!!

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

You have lost faith and trust in your manager. This is very damaging. The only way to repair his is for you to have a on e on one wit the manager. You will have to assume and hope that she has a level of maturity and wisdom to listen and make decisions to the advantage of the company and to repair the soul. If this fails you may have to look elsewhere as a bitter work relationship will only reap further pain and stress.