Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011-06-10

Betapyn

I take two to eight Betapyn tablets a day, depending on my pain levels. Is it really such a bad thing? Will my arteries really become clogged up, as a coworker told me?

I work every day at a PC for long hours and the rest of my life is so hectic that I don''t have time for Pilates or stretching exercises on my own. These alleviate the pain in my back, neck and shoulders, but sometimes I still need to take painkillers anyway. I have been to a chiropractor and have time and again gone back to the physio, but I suspect I''m stuck with this pain.

Are there any more alternatives????

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Cindy

Betapyn won't clog up your arteries.

Taking high doses for extended periods of time may however be bad for your liver, kidneys and/or stomach, and may also be habit forming.

My suggestion: Take it only when needed.

In your situation a proper pair of computer glasses and focussing on your posture in fron of the PC may make a huge difference. Also try to get up every 15-20 minutes, even if it is just for a minute.

3
Posted by: Marsha | 2015-01-01

I am 73 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyallgia in July 2014. I was prescribed cortisone starting with 40mg per day. I gradually weaned myself down and stopped taking it in November 2014. The side-affects were very unpleasant. Subsequently I started taking Betapyn, maximum of 2 a day which gives me wonderful relief of pain. Some days I do not take any. I am also concerned about the longterm affect on my body but really do not know what to replace it with. Thank you for your advice.

Reply to Marsha
Posted by: consolata kathure | 2011-08-23

is betapyn good for my baby?am breastfeeding.

Reply to consolata kathure
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-06-13

Hi Cindy

Betapyn won't clog up your arteries.

Reply to pharmacist