Question
Posted by: Charlene | 2010-05-25

Beta and heart rate questions

I am 7wk 3dy pregnant and I had an ultrasound at 6wk 6dy and they said my beta was 43 thousand and the heart rate was 106. Is this normal?? They told me that at the ER because I was having some spotting that has since stopped but my dr is out of town and I am worried and can''t get any answers please help.

The HCG is quite high but this means that the pregnancy is viable. A heart rate of 106 is on the low side, but it should be repeated as it can vary.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-05-27

Posted by: Dee | 2010-05-25

Sounds perfect to me! Congrats!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: me | 2010-05-25

Hi there. I''m sure the baby''s heartbeat should be faster, in the region of about 140/150, especially in early pregnancy. I think you need to go to a dr for a scan just to check everything is ok.

Reply to me