Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/23

Best way to put snake food to " sleep" 

I would like to know the best " humane"  way to kill a rat for snake consumption?

Dear Anon

I think all of you (except admin) should go on a course on how to make friends and have sensible hobbies.

9
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/25

Ag just leave it ok, was just looking for a simple answer and all I got was bs

Posted by: Zarathustra | 2009/06/24

So how long do you need to defrost a mouse in a 600W microwave? I assume you wouldn' t want to cook it.

Reply to Zarathustra
Posted by: Chill | 2009/06/24

Admin: yea, right.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/24

The problem is that adult rats can inflict quite some damage to a snake, and a open wound could become infected. So although it' s more " natural"  to feed live and some snakes only eat live it is better to feed pre-killed food.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/24

why do you want to kill it, snakes like their food fresh and alive and it gives them the oportunity to catch their own prey wich is good for the snake as it is in their nature to catch their pry

Posted by: Admin | 2009/06/24

We deleted all the lines on each post that had detailed explanations of how to suffocate, decapitate and crush rodents heads on walls - this is why we posted our disclaimer. We always have a good reason for what we do.

Reply to Admin
Posted by: Chill | 2009/06/23

Yea, that was a bit over the top, dear Admin. Did you really think someone was going to suggest killing them with a blowtorch or something?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/23

Live in small town, breed my own. If a rat was killed say by " car exaust fumes"  would the mouse be toxic in any way for my snake?
And its not cruel if I want to know how to kill them " humane" 

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/23

Buy them already frozen like I do.

(Admin: Please note that Health24 does not allow posts that endorse cruelty to animals - please ask your pet-store or vet for humane solutions to the snake-food problem.)