Question
Posted by: Cash | 2009-07-12

Best way forward for Azoospermic Condition

Hi Doc,

After 5 months of trying. My husband and I went for tests to check our fertility. My blood test and ultrasound were normal. However his sperm test showed that he was azoospermic. A urologist did a blood test which showed that his levels are normal. He did a prostate exam which was fine as well. The doc basically gave us two options knife (remove blockage) or needle (ivf). We need to make an informed choice, but we don' t know the pros and cons or best way forward. Pls help?

Dear Cash

The success rate with in-vitro fertilization certainly supersedes that of an attempt at reversal of obstruction.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim