Question
Posted by: Amy | 2008/08/14

best time to be weighed

I would like to know what is the best time to check my weight. I have been on a calorie controlled diet and trying to exercise for at least 30min 4 times a week.

I weigh myself every monday and then tuesday morning. But the 2 amounts varies vastly.

When is the best time to be weighed?
Is it possible to loose centimeters and not KG?
Which is more accurate?
Should i check if i lost cm rather than kg?

Amy

Dear Amy
You can decide on one day of the week when you do your weighing. Then weigh yourself at the same time on the selected day ONCE week. Body weight can vary by up to 3 kg per day depending on many factors such as water retention, menstruation, etc, so don't weigh yourself more often than once a week. It is usually a good idea to weigh yourself in the morning when you get up and after urinating. It certainly is possible to lose cm during periods when the scale does not show a change. That is why it is a good idea to keep track of your dimensions (also measure once a week) because this reflects fat loss, not changes in mass. Use both methods to that you have proof of fat loss even when you don't register mass loss.

1
Posted by: Jean | 2008/08/14

HI there
i would think the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after u stand up. also always where the same thing when u weigh(like panties or pj' s), some ppl loose more cm than kg. so yes it is possible, both is accurate. u should take down both when u weigh yourself.
just my oppinion. good luck

Reply to Jean